|11 Weight Loss Tips For 2011
By Margo Doss
It’s a new year and the number one new year’s resolution is to lose weight. You don’t have to join a gym or buy the latest miracle weight loss pill to be successful. Losing weight doesn’t have to be torture; several small changes can make a huge difference. Here are eleven great tips to help you lose weight and keep it off.
1. Diets don’t work. If you want to lose twenty pounds and gain it right back then go on a diet. Diets restrict you from certain foods for a certain amount of time. Once the weight is lost people go back to their old habits and gain the weight back. To permanently lose weight you have to change your life style by choosing healthy foods and incorporating exercise in your daily routine.
2. Get a partner. Everyone knows someone that wants to lose weight. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers to go on the weight loss journey with you. Create your own biggest looser and everyone can feed off the support from one another.
3. Eat Breakfast. Most people are too busy in the morning to eat breakfast. It may seem strange that adding another meal to your day can aid in weight loss but it is true. A healthy Breakfast gives you energy and reduces hunger throughout the day. People that eat a healthy breakfast are less likely to pig out at lunch and dinner.
4. Learn to read labels. Do not be fooled by the food industry they try and make food appear healthy to make a profit when in actuality it is not healthy. If a bag of chips is 200 calories per serving and one bag of chips is two servings then the bag of chips is 400 calories. Always check the serving size when reading labels. Keep in mind that sugar free and fat free foods are not you friend. Sugar free foods are loaded with fat and are high in calories and fat free foods are loaded with sugar.
5. Exercise. Many people dislike exercise however, it is essential to weight loss. Be creative when it comes to working out, exercising doesn’t have to be boring. Dancing, roller skating, and running in the yard with the kid’s are all great work outs. Twenty minutes a day is a great way to keep off excess weight.
6. Water. It is important for us to drink eight glasses of water a day. Water flushes toxins out of your body and it is a natural appetite suppressant. Drink a glass of water before each meal this will fill you up your stomach so you won’t eat as much.
7. Fiber. Eating foods high in fiber will promote weight loss because fiber expands in your stomach so you will get full quicker. Fiber keeps the digestive tract regular so excess weight doesn’t build up in the intestine. Twenty five grams of fiber is recommended daily. Foods that are high in fiber are avocados, leafy greens, oats, wheat, raspberries, and blueberries.
8. Grapefruit. Grapefruits contain fat burning enzymes and they reduce water weight. Eat a one half grapefruit before each meal or have a glass of grapefruit juice before each meal. Grapefruits will also reduce belly fat.
9. Say No to Pop. Pop is liquid sugar an average bottle of pop contains 200 calories. If you drink one can of pop every day for a year you will gain 12 pounds in one year. Replace the soda by mixing seltzer water with a little fruit juice.
10. Take vitamins. Vitamin B will help jump start a weight loss plan. Vitamin B3 and B6 burn calories and B12 give you energy and speed up your metabolism.
11. Cook. Restaurants and fast food places add an excess amount of fat, salt, and sugar to their food. When you cook you are in control of the calories in the dish you are preparing. Bring your own lunch to work or school and you will not only save money but calories as well.
These are great tips that will help you successfully lose weight and lead a healthier life style. Good luck and happy New Year.